* In light of the recent closures due to COVID-19, please check with any college that you have an open house scheduled for to make sure that it is still on as scheduled.
* Dyco Inc. (50 Naus Way, Bloomsburg) is today’s trusted designer, manufacturer, and installer of specialized plastic container handling systems. They are looking for juniors and seniors interested in summer or full-time employment in several areas – service technician, assembler, electrician, engineer support, manufacturing, and parts room. Applications are available in the guidance office. Contact Aaron Russell, Hiring Coordinator, at (800)-545-3926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee Local 520 Plumbers, Pipefitters, HVAC/R Service Techs is now accepting applications for the 2021-22 apprentice school year. You will receive tuition-free training and earn while you learn. Application packets can be found online at www.Local520.com under “Training Department”, then “Apprenticeship”.
* Function of Beauty is currently hiring part-time help for second shift. Please apply at Function of Beauty (236 Parrs Mill Road, Catawissa) or contact Jenifer Long at email@example.com.
* If any senior is interested in joining one of the local electrical unions, contact Shamokin Local #607 at 570-648-9831 or see Mr. Donlan.
REMINDERS FOR COLLEGE BOUND STUDENTS:
- Colleges do not correspond with us when something is missing from your application. It is your responsibility to reply to any emails that the colleges are sending you, be checking or setting up portals with the colleges (if required by the college), and to follow through with any requirements!
- If you have still not applied to colleges, please complete the Transcript Request in Microsoft Forms. We ask for two weeks to process your requests and you need to be mindful of any deadlines that the colleges set
- If you are applying to a college that requires the CSS Profile, please contact them with any questions and be sure that you are aware of their deadlines
- Colleges will set their own deadline for completion to the FAFSA which may be earlier than the federal date. Please be sure that you meet the earliest deadline among the colleges you are applying to!
* Colleges offer many scholarships for prospective students. Please be sure that you are checking the Scholarship and Financial Aid page of each college or trade school that you are applying to.
* If you have already asked your counselor to submit your application materials and you take the SAT or ACT at a later date, YOU are responsible to send that score directly from the testing agency to the college of your choice.
* Males must register for the Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. Not registering has many consequences, including being unable to receive federally funded college loans and grants! Visit SSS.gov to register.
* The Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee Local 520 Plumbers, Pipefitters, HVAC/R Service Techs are now accepting applications for the 2020-21 apprentice school year. You can receive tuition-free training, free books, earn while you learn, and start healthcare and retirement benefits from day 1! Application packets and information are available at www.Local520.com.