The faculty, staff, and administration would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your future student to the Southern Columbia Area School District!
Registration is currently open for all incoming students for the 2021-22 school year!
In order to allow staff to properly prepare for all students, the online process will remain open, but the in-person registration completion will close on August 20. Your child will not have a guaranteed start date for all registrations completed from August 21-August 30.
To be eligible for enrollment in Southern Columbia Area schools, students must reside within the boundaries of the Southern Columbia Area School District. Students who live beyond our district boundaries can attend by paying tuition. Tuition rates are determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and are subject to change each year.
Kindergarten pupils must be five (5) years old before September 1 of the current year.
Our registration process begins with the online registration form system. To use the system, you must first have an active email address in order to create a registration account within our student software system so that a password can be generated and emailed to you. If you would like to create a free Gmail account, please click here.
After successful completion of the online registration of your student, you are required to schedule an appointment to meet with the registrar in order to sign the official paperwork and provide the required documentation.
We estimate that the online portion of the registration process will take roughly 30 minutes per student. The on-campus appointment typically lasts 30 minutes as well.
If you do not have access to a computer, please call (570) 356-3459 to arrange for the use of a school computer on our campus. This office, and the registration process, is open year round.
The process is the same for new and returning SCA students to our district.
Online Registration Process
Creating Your Registration Account–Please know this is different than your child’s existing Sapphire Parent CWP account.
1. Use this link to create your registration account.
2. On the bottom left of the page, select “Create New Account”.
3. Enter basic parent account information (last name, first name, email address, etc.) and submit.
4. You will promptly receive a confirmation email from email@example.com.
5. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, you may want to check your Junk or Spam Email Folder.
6. Open confirmation email and click on the link supplied.
7. Confirm your email and password.
Completing Your Online Registration
1. Registration login screen.
2. Login using the email and password you just activated or existing account.
3. Click on the appropriate “Create” tab to start a new online registration form.
4. Enter the requested information on each page. Please note: If your child attended the CSIU Early Intervention Program, enter “Yes” when asked about ever being enrolled in this district before.
5. When all pages are completed click “Submit”.
6. Upon approval of the registration application, you will receive an automatic email stating that your application was approved.
7. Call 570-356-3459 to schedule an appointment at this time.
8. Please be certain to bring all of the required documentation with you to your scheduled appointment
You will need to bring the following documentation to your scheduled appointment after you complete the online registration form.
· Pennsylvania driver’s license of biological parent indicating the address within the district.
· Official birth certificate of student. Copies will be accepted.
· Student’s current immunization records (copy may be obtained from your child’s physician).
· Custody Agreement (if applicable). This must be the most current, original document with the court seal.
· Proof of Residence in Southern Columbia Area School District
o Homeowner: Either a deed for a residential property within the district,
o Renter: Or a lease or notarized affidavit from the homeowner showing occupancy of a residence within the district
AND One (1) of the following:
§ Tax return indicating residency within the district.
§ Current check stub for wages, public assistance, social security or other source of income indicating residency within the district.
§ Payment or proof of liability for payment for municipal or school taxes due to residency within the district.
§ Current utility bill indicating payment for a utility due to occupancy of a residence within the district.
For attendance in all grades children need the following prior to the start of school:
o 4 doses of tetanus, diptheria, and acelluar pertussis* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
o 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose given)**
o 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella ***
o 3 doses of hepatitis B
o 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP or DTaP or if medically advisable, DT or Td
**A fourth dose is not necessary if the third dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose
***Usually given as MMR
FOR ATTENDANCE IN 7th GRADE: 1 dose of tetanus, diptheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) and 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) is required before the first day of 7th grade.
FOR ATTENDANCE IN 12th GRADE: 1 dose of MCV that was given at 16 years of age or older is required before the first day of 12th grade.
UNLESS THE CHILD HAS A MEDICAL OR RELIGIOUS/PHILOSOPHICAL EXEMPTION, A CHILD MUST HAVE HAD THE ABOVE VACCINATIONS OR RISK EXCLUSION.
Pupils moving from the Southern Columbia Area School District should inform the appropriate office at least three (3) days in advance. Parents/legal guardians are required to complete a withdrawal form prior to the students last day of attendance. For more infomation please call:
G.C. Hartman Elementary Center (570) 356-3252
Middle School (570) 356-3400
High School (570) 356-3499
The Southern Columbia Area School District is not responsible for information contained on linked sites.